September 30, 2006

Wegofunk


A funky Parisan life...

As you can see down to the right, one of my links is wegofunk? Why?
Well this is a "funk & groove" website that I do interviews for sometimes.
This is probably the only positive thing that my ex, Fred, left me- new friends (passionate, intelligent, innovative people) and a great social life in this milieu-one that I love and 50% of my social life is based around it now.
Not only through meeting these news friends (Anne-Marie, Nathalie, Alain, Alexis...) do I never pay to get into any night around Paris (!)but I have also met some of my heroes, by interveiwing them.
Anne-Marie started up
www.wegofunk.com 6 years ago, with help from Nathalie, an online web magazine dedicated to funk, soul, groove and afrobeat. On the site you can find a forum, album reveiws, ITWs, debates, agenda, competitions etc.
Anne-Marie (trained as an architect) is also a DJ making more and more of a name for herself in and around Paris- it's 10 times as hard for a woman to get the gigs but slowly but surely she is earning a reputation and getting good dates. With a friend of hers, Aicha, she has started the "wegogirlz" nights- in other words she said more or less thought "we're going to organise a night with 100% female DJs and prove that it rocks just as much as any other night" and it's true:
www.wegogirlz.com- there's one tonight that I'm going to.
Check out her space on myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=7511621
Bubbly, crazy Nathalie sings - you can go onto her myspace page and check it out:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=85268305

Alexis and Alain orgainse nights- check out the website:
www.3emevoie.com
Alan also has a radio program online and they both do 1000s of other things

If you go online you'll see my interviews- who have I met?

They're all in English and French

I'll keep you updated on up and coming interviews...

See ya!

No comments: